Thursday, November 6, 2008

Seven year old skeptic!

My seven year old has just handed me a tooth and asked for a dollar. I asked if she wanted to put it under her pillow, as per tradition, cause I know she loves tradition.

She said there was no need to. She knows the tooth fairy is me because a while back she put an old tooth under her pillow and waited and waited. No tooth fairy.

Then she wrapped it up and told me she'd lost a tooth. And found a dollar under her pillow the next morning. So, now she knows the tooth fairy is me.

I've just given her another dollar for solid scientific thinking - hypothesis and repeatable experiment. She is a born skeptic. Go geek girls everywhere!

ps. Parents, don't be lazy with those lost teeth! Stow the sentimentality. Clever children recycle.

1 comment:

Michael Harries said...

Awesome - the quiet achiever.