Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's Time for Raging Menopause (the BAND!)

or should that be Rage Against the Menopause?

I had fancied The Kombi Trip (nostalgia) or The Heat Death of the Universe for our band name but as we come closer to actually picking instruments and songs and hiring rehearsal space, I'm wondering why not a name that's closer to the bone.

As the vertebrae crumble, I reckon that Raging Menopause is more kick ass than Machine Gun Fellatio!

I'm amending the set list to include:
Gimme Shelter (Patti Smith/Rolling Stones)
Higher Ground (Hendrix/Chili Peppers)
I Feel Glad (Cream)
Because the Night (Patti Smith)
The Passenger (Iggy Pop and the Stooges)
any Rolling Stones
Smoke on the Water
the Immigrant Song (with global warming lyrics!)
Stranded (the Saints)
?????
The Hand that Rocks the Cradle? the Smiths
Television?
Public Enemy?
Or "The Revolution will not be Televised" Gil Scott Heron?
Bowie (early?)
T-Rex?
The Clash (anything)
The Cure (early stuff)
Siouxsie and the Banshees (early stuff?)
Quasimodo's Dream - if I can find a retro strap on keyboard

No comments: